On behalf of the Palm Beach County Behavioral Health Coalition’s Underage Drinking taskforce,
we would like to thank you for your interest in keeping our kids safe and sober.
Two of the major problems we face when trying to reduce underage drinking in Palm Beach County
are: Easy access to alcohol and attitudes and beliefs of teens and adults.
The 877 MEANS 21 tip line was set up to help our community overcome both of these obstacles. By
reporting anyone who buys for, sells to or provides alcohol to those under 21, we are send a message to the community that underage drinking and the costly consequences that come with it will not be tolerated.
Did you know that alcohol kills more teens than ALL other drugs combined? So where are
the kids getting the alcohol? A recent survey tells us what High School Drinkers reported:
· 9.9% bought it themselves from a store
· 35.9% had someone just give it to them
· 12.9% had someone buy it for them
· 8% bought it at a club or bar
· 11.6% took it from a Family member
· 3.5% bought at a public event